Re: [BKARTS] A digital archive of Ethiopian coptic bindings

What a great site!  Thanks.

Marvel Maring
Fine Arts and Humanities Reference Librarian
Dr CC and Mabel L Criss Library
University of Nebraska at Omaha
6001 Dodge Street
Omaha, NE 68182-0237
Office: 402/554-2992 Fax: 402/554-3215
mmaring@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chad Longley <chad.longley@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: Book_Arts-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
10/24/2007 11:39 AM
Please respond to
Book_Arts-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[BKARTS] A digital archive of Ethiopian coptic bindings

http://www.hmml.org/Vivarium/sgd.htm

This link will take you to one of the digital collections at the College
of
St. Benedict, St. John's University.  It currently contains images from
178
Ethiopian Coptic codices--with more to be added in the future.  It is of
particular interest to me because two of the codices in the database sit
merely 20 feet from my desk.  If you go to the "Browse the Collections"
link, ours are the first two listed.

Chad Longley
Preservation Coordinator
ACU Library