Re: [BKARTS] Nuremberg Chronicle woodblock prints

Success!  Thanks to all who replied online and offline regarding my query
about the Nuremberg Chronicle woodcuts.  A complete catalog of the many
woodcuts, with page numbers for locations of each, was not present in any of
the obvious sources that came to my mind or were posted here (Wilson,
Cockerell, various facsimiles, etc).

Turns out that it is located in a CD-Rom of additional files that
accompanies a published German PhD Dissertation on that subject by Christoph
Reske: Die Produktion der Schedelschen Weltchronik in Nürnberg; Wiesbaden:
Harrassowitz (2000). Dr. Reske mentions that one woodblock was used to make
27,500 prints. Wow!  He even recorded damage to specific woodblocks, which
is the info I needed. What a goldmine! (for me at least).

Thanks to Falk Eisermann (Referatsleiter, Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin),
Jonathan Green (Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg), and Michael Laird for
directing me to that source!

Blair Hedges
Professor of Biology
Pennsylvania State University