[BKARTS] new vaguely book related project

Dear Friends

I thought I would let you know of a new post to my blog about a project I am working on for a mayoral campaign here in Newburyport. It feels book-related only in the most tangential way—there are words (on hand-lettered signs) presented in sequence. We have a sign campaign based on the old Burma Shave roadside ads of days gone by to inform the voters in a fun way of Jim's position on some of the key issues facing our small city. There are two parts to it. One is daily sitings in Newburyport of a group of volunteers holding the signs. There are four lines to each verse and drivers read them as they go by. The other is youtube videos accompanying each sign series. You can read more about the project and view the videos at

http://www.ingoodspirit.blogspot.com

in good spirit
Susan

Susan Kapuscinski Gaylord