Maybe there are other options?
Good Luck,
Bill Minter

On Oct 25, 2007, at 12:22 PM, Mary Jo Koranda wrote:

I am looking for this also. The library has some already bound items that they have to pay $$$ extra to have the year put on (and don't want to). I tried gold paint pens (hard to write on the spine), printing on book cloth (no real gold color) and one thing I haven't yet tried is to emboss on a small piece of book cloth using my stamping heat gun and embossing powder. If it worked, I still have to find a set of numbers small enough to fit on 2" spines. So please email any suggestions to the list or copy me also, please. Thanks.
--
Mary Jo Koranda Law Library

Date:    Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:39:27 -0500
From:    Karina <karina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Gold foil/stamping

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a less expensive way to achieve a
gold stamp effect for book covers? It doesn't necessarily have to be raised
or embossed, I'm looking more for the ability to just do any sort of
decorative gold lettering. It will be on a very small scale, so I'm hoping
not to have to buy expensive machinery and am looking for what may be a more
unorthodox work-around. :o) I'd appreciate any suggestions or resources you
might be able to think of!

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA  16695
814-793-4020