Re: [BKARTS] Warped books- Wavy pages

The following recommendation is correct, however, if the pages are indeed that damp, standing the book(s) to dry could cause even more cockling. An alternative would be to insert sheets of dry paper, or even thin sheets of card stock. The thin sheets of card stock would not only remove the moisture, but would also, since they have some thickness, encourage the cockled pages to lay flat. In other words, since the pages are already cockled, pressing may not be sufficient. By introducing some flat material, there is a better chance of flattening the pages. Of course, one needs to be careful and not add too much material as it could cause a problem with the binding ---- the addition of maybe a total of 1/4" for a standard ( ?1-1/2" thick ?) book should be OK; one needs to understand the limits and watch what the books says.
Good Luck,
Bill Minter