Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 24 Oct 2007 to 25 Oct 2007 (#2007-175)

Another idea is to buy a set of rubber stamp alphabets for hand made stamps. My set has two sizes of a Helvetica font, I think I might have gotten it an office supply store, or it might have been a big art store, you could also try toy stores.  Then you stamp your books with a certain kind of glue, then use a gold foil (also comes in other colors) that is designed to stick to the glue. Then you have your real foil stamping that you want.

Have fun with it.

Jill Timm
Mystical Places Press
Handcrafted artist books,
one of a kind and small editions,
miniature and not so miniature.
www.mysticalplaces.com
Publisher of Artist Book News

I am looking for this also. The library has some already bound items that they have to pay $$$ extra to have the year put on (and don't want to). I tried gold paint pens (hard to write on the spine), printing on book cloth (no real gold color) and one thing I haven't yet tried is to emboss on a small piece of book cloth using my stamping heat gun and embossing powder. If it worked, I still have to find a set of numbers small enough to fit on 2" spines. So please email any suggestions to the list or copy me also, please. Thanks.

-- Mary Jo Koranda Law Library
Head of Circulation University of Wisconsin Madison
608 262 2213 phone 975 Bascom Mall
608.262.2775 fax Madison, WI 53706
mkoranda@xxxxxxxx http://library.law.wisc.edu ;