Re: [BKARTS] source for shark leather suitable for bookbinding?

On Oct 29, 2007, at 12:24 PM, J. J. Foncannon wrote:

A more serious concern is that kangaroo leather--- my very favorite---
is no longer available.  The American dollar has tanked against the
Australian dollar and the leather has become prohibitively expensive.

I am familiar with this problem, but am still able to purchase kanga from Weaver Leather in Ohio. Their skins are a bit stiffer and sometimes sport scars, but for certain work this is fine.
Vernon

Wiering Books
1553 Orville Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49507 USA
616/248-5434

Period bookbinding and restoration, by hand.

Visit
http://www.wieringbooks.com