Re: [BKARTS] source for shark leather suitable for bookbinding?

OK, there's some of us who can't use eBay.  Is there any other source for
the exotics like shark and snake???    Thanks!  TL Herbert

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007, Wiering Books wrote:

Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:55:13 -0500
From: Wiering Books <vernon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] source for shark leather suitable for bookbinding?

On Oct 29, 2007, at 12:24 PM, J. J. Foncannon wrote:

A more serious concern is that kangaroo leather--- my very favorite---
is no longer available.  The American dollar has tanked against the
Australian dollar and the leather has become prohibitively expensive.

I am familiar with this problem, but am still able to purchase kanga from Weaver Leather in Ohio. Their skins are a bit stiffer and sometimes sport scars, but for certain work this is fine.
Vernon

Wiering Books
1553 Orville Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49507 USA
616/248-5434

Period bookbinding and restoration, by hand.

Visit
http://www.wieringbooks.com