Re: [BKARTS] Fish Skins from Iceland

bea-

your work is beautiful. what an amazing place. i am in nyc this week and it was nice to wake up and see these beautiful images. thank you. j

Quoting Bea Nettles <bea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

This summer I was an artist in residence in Hafnarfjordur, Iceland.
While there I had the opportunity to purchase and work with fish
skins of various types. The Icelanders use them for fashion items
including wallets, belts, and shoes. Although narrow, they are useful
 for the spines of books. They come in various colors. I purchased
them in Reykjavik from Hvitlist http://www.hvitlist.is/english.htm
Their website is not particularly helpful, but there is an email
address should you want to pursue it. Examples of the work I did with
 fish skin can be seen on my website under the section called
Iceland:  Books 2007
http://web.mac.com/nettles3/Icelandic_Residency%3A_Books/
Fate,_Being_%26_Necessity.html

Bea Nettles  Professor  in Art & Design