[BKARTS] Book Purses

It occurred to me that members of this listserv might find our book purses to be quite charming. When I say "our," I'm referring to the Friends of the Kirkwood (Missouri) Public Library. These book purses are a fund raiser for our local public library. They are made by a group of very crafty women, using books that do not sell in our annual book fair. Mostly, the purses are made out of Reader's Digest Condensed Books. We like to think of them as the perfect accessory for any literary event!

You can see some sample photos at http://www.kpl.lib.mo.us/friends_gt_books_shop.asp. Scroll down a bit on that page and you'll find a link to more images of purses. Remember, though, that each purse is unique. I know, for instance, that not every purse displayed on the site at the moment is available, because some have already been sold and we haven't had a chance to update the site.

If you're interested, you can inquire using the email address shown on the web page or feel free to contact me off list. I tend to be the photographer for the group and could take some photos of the current inventory and email them to you. These are great for gifs, too.

Cheers,

Ginny Kramer

(posting for Friends of the Kirkwood Public Library)

The Printery -- www.theprinterybooks.com