Re: [BKARTS] gel medium

I'm curious as to why wheat or rice paste for making bookcloth, and the technique you use with that.

Kathy G

On Nov 1, 2007, at 4:52 PM, Ginnie Mickelson wrote:

An adhesive for what? I use Golden's Soft Gel, Matte for pasting collage items, but for book binding I use PVA with methyl cellulose added. For making book cloth, I use wheat or rice paste.

Ginnie Mickelson

From: Kim Boyd <kaboyd@xxxxxxxxx>
I am interested in the pros and cons for using gel medium as an
adhesive.  Any thoughts?

Kim Boyd

*********************************************** Visit "The Book of Origins: A survey of American Fine Binding" Online exhibit and catalog order form at <http://library.syr.edu/digital/exhibits/b/bookoforigins/>

Every Day Is a New Beginning