Re: [BKARTS] Posta nd such

Neil and Vernon,

I would not recommend a forstner bit as a substitute for a hollow core drill. A forstner bit will leave ragged edges.

If your production is small in quantity a Japanese hand paper drill could do the job well. They are easily available. TALAS supplies them.

Also at greater expense is a new German drill that can handle 1"+ stack of paper without electric power. Drills like butter. Really extraordinary, but not without some investment.

Or why not find a local printer that has a drill press and subcontract that part of your project? If they don't have the right size bits I recommend Ernest Schaefer's teflon hollow core drill bits.

Best,
Leonard Seastone

The Tideline Press