[BKARTS] SCBA Holiday Series & FREE Youth Workshops

 *The month of November is a busy one for Seattle Center for Book Arts!
**
**Holiday Workshop Series
*Get an early start on all your holiday projects. This month we are offering
three special holiday-themed workshops:

• Handmade gift wrap
• Handmade ornaments
• Handmade cards

Sign up for one workshop, or take all three!
**

*Kids Special:* Children 10 and older are welcome to attend these Holiday
Workshops at half price with a paying adult.
Tuesday, November 27 (Gift Wrap), Thursday, Nov. 29 (Ornaments), & Friday,
Nov. 30 (Cards)
6:30 – 9 pm, 2100 Building, 2100 24th Ave. S. (in Rainier Valley), Seattle,
WA, $50 + $15 materials fee per session, or $125 + $25 materials fee for all
three (Save $45!). Click
here<http://www.seattlebookarts.org/classes/class_2007q4_holiday.html>for
more info and to register.
**

**

*SCBA partners with Seattle Public Libraries for a series of FREE youth
workshops *

This month, SCBA commences a year-long partnership with the Seattle Public
Libraries. Drop-in youth workshops, funded in part by
4Culture<http://4culture.org/arts/projects/07awards.htm>will introduce
Seattle youth, ages (4-12) to various bookbinding techniques
and formats. Check out our current schedule of
workshops<http://www.seattlebookarts.org/classes/class_2007q4_libraries.html>to
find your nearest branch.
*Upcoming Classes, Workshops & Events
*dates will be posted on our website soon! *
*

Exposed Spine Bindings Series: February 2008
Boxmaking: February 2008
The Book as Sculptural Object with David Francis: March 2008
Letterpress: March 2008
Paper Decorating Series: Spring 2008
Bookbinding I: Spring 2008
>From Concept to Book with Wendy Call and Yuka Petz: Spring 2008
Toolmaking with Jim Croft: Spring 2008
Accordion-A-Thon, Seattle's Book Arts Party!: March 2008, more details to
come!

SCBA relies on individuals, grants and corporate sponsors for help in
supporting our programs and activities. Your donations are tax-deductible,
as we are a 501c3 non-profit organization.  To learn more about becoming a
donor, please visit our website,

--
Lisa Hasegawa
Director of Programming