Re: [BKARTS] Interesting Antique German Postcard - Sweet art HEIDELBERG

Hello David,

the postcard really is something special. I'm no expert in such things but I would say it was published in late 19th/early 20th century.

The writing is held in Suetterlin script (please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suetterlin), is says "Du musst an der Kurbel drehn, dann kannst Du Dir Heidelberg besehn." (It's a rhyme, translated it means: "You must turn the crank, then you can have a look at Heidelberg.") The pictures obviously show scenes of the city of Heidelberg (please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidelberg) of that time.

Hope that helps you somehow.

Best regards from Germany,

Uwe

BIBLIOTIQUE/David Friedman schrieb:
As a follow up to my posting yesterday--thanks to all who responded. As it worked out the book wasn't too unusual but I appreciate the interest.

I have today an interesting post card from Heidelberg.

It is of a stero-viewer and out from under the viewer there are 10 postage stamp size fold out images of Heidelberg.

It seems something of an oddity--so I thought I'd show it and get your comments.

Appreciate any thoughts/comments etc.

David

You can see it at the following URL

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=d76k5sj_65drhpcp

David Friedman
www.bibliotique.net Proud member of www.IOBA.org
Interested in P/T or F/T business opportunities??
Visit: www.yourfamilyfirst.com/bibliotique