Re: [BKARTS] Interesting Antique German Postcard - Sweet art HEIDELBERG

Thanks for that -- it is very helpful.  Normally I wouldn't trouble the list, but I thought it a unique item.

David

Uwe Boettcher <amoxtli@xxxxxx> wrote: Hello David,

the postcard really is something special. I'm no expert in such things
but I would say it was published in late 19th/early 20th century.

The writing is held in Suetterlin script (please see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suetterlin), is says "Du musst an der
Kurbel drehn, dann kannst Du Dir Heidelberg besehn." (It's a rhyme,
translated it means: "You must turn the crank, then you can have a look
at Heidelberg.") The pictures obviously show scenes of the city of
Heidelberg (please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidelberg) of that
time.

Hope that helps you somehow.

Best regards from Germany,

Uwe

BIBLIOTIQUE/David Friedman schrieb:
> As a follow up to my posting yesterday--thanks to all who responded.  As it worked out the book wasn't too unusual but I appreciate the interest.
>
> I have today an interesting post card from Heidelberg.
>
> It is of a stero-viewer and out from under the viewer there are 10 postage stamp size fold out images of Heidelberg.
>
> It seems something of an oddity--so I thought I'd show it and get your comments.
>
> Appreciate any thoughts/comments etc.
>
> David
>
> You can see it at the following URL
>

> http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=d76k5sj_65drhpcp
>

>       David Friedman
>   www.bibliotique.net
>     Proud member of  www.IOBA.org
> Interested in P/T or F/T business opportunities??
> Visit:  www.yourfamilyfirst.com/bibliotique

>           See  for full information
          See  for full information