[BKARTS] Great Show You Must See! (in Seattle)

I'm not sure why anyone has never posted info about this show. Since no one has I'm going to post it myself. I saw this show recently and it is worth the trip. Really excellent work!

The Art of the Book, 2007
November 2 – December 4
Bainbridge Arts and Crafts
151 Winslow Way East
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
www.bacart.org

Cynthia Sears, Hidde Van Duym, guest curators

The Northwest has become a center for book art, and BAC has enthusiastically supported our regional book artists by presenting two earlier exhibitions. Now we offer the third in our series, The Art of the Book 2007.

Text, sculpture, and image come together in the artist’s book. The content is infinitely varied; all the art relates, in one way or another, to the elusive quality of “bookness.”  We’ll all have a chance to investigate bookness in our Curators’ Gallery Talk and our Book Workshop. Please see our Education section for more information.

Artists include Barbara Barnes Allen, Mare Blocker, Inge Bruggeman, Linda Costello, Maralyn Crosetto, Tim Ely, Sam Garriot-Antonacci, Donald Glaister, Margery Hellman, Diane Jacobs, Roberta Lavadour, Mary Jeanne Linford, Susan Lowdermilk, Catherine Michaelis, Laura Russell, Jessica Spring, Sandy Tilcock, Jill Timm, Elsi Vassdal-Ellis, and Shu-Ju Wang.