Von: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Jackie
Poutasse
Gesendet: Dienstag, 20. November 2007 20:57
An: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: [BKARTS] Small manuscript book...

Hi all,

I have a small book that looks like some type of handwritten manuscript. I'm

not sure what language the text is in or the date it was written though it
looks like it might have been made as a gift for someone on their first
communion.

The book itself is a small book about 5"x7" in size. It's covered in brown
leather with minimal tooling on the corners of the cover. The signatures
were sewn on cords and the headbands look as if they were sewn off of the
block and attached afterwards. Unfortuneately most pages are hard to read as

the ink from the page behind it has come through. Also, the ink was acidic
as it ate through the paper where lines were drawn around the text causing
the paper to fall away on many of the pages.

I have done a scan of the first/title page.
http://www.tjbookarts.com/images/manuscript.jpg
If anyone could tell me what language it is written in and possibly what it
says I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Jackie
http://www.tjbookarts.com