From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Martin Wheeler
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 6:33 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] AW: [BKARTS] Small manuscript book...

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007, tulibri wrote:

> I don't think that the word in the ninth row reads "Kochen" because this
is
> a very old handwriting: According to a book I have that shows german
> scripts, I assume it is from about 18th century (or older) which means
that
> what to us today reads like a "K" actually is a "R".

I would agree with you -- and like you, the meaning escapes me entirely.

Many thanks for helping me out with 'Kraefftiger' -- and 'Patro nen',
also, both of which which eluded me completely.
'Litaneyen' I should have guessed -- I'd got most of the pieces of it.

Does your book on Old German handwriting give any explanation for the
differentiation between the "umlauted" (diacritic) u in 'und/auch/zu/auf';
as opposed to that used in 'Creuz'?  I'm very interested in that.  (Makes
it sound almost Swiss!)

Regards,
--
Martin Wheeler   -   00 44 1458 83-1103    Glastonbury - BA6 9PH - England
mwheeler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx   http://avalonit.net/   http://martinwheeler.net/