Re: [BKARTS] Request for Workshop Proposals

Laura,
I'm intrigued by your query and wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to have a mixture of bindings available for photographers... particularly the structure Gary Frost teaches called sewn boards binding. This binding can be done simply with paper over boards and/or book cloth, and the covers are simple like "drum skins". Coptic structures offer great beginnings for flat opening bindings, and photographers could use this as a starting point. Thinking of the photograph in reverse, the fold on the foreedge, is another way to set up photo books, or sections with photos on both sides, but adhering the pages to make thick, nicely moving sections. Surely you have people in the area who could take up this challenge?
Velma Bolyard