Re: [BKARTS] Request for Workshop Proposals

Hello Laura

Yes. I would be interested.
I print artist books based on photography and text, either a lot or as photography alone.

I have printed inkjet on all sorts of substrates, but generally use a coated inkjet paper.

My bindings have been hard, soft, stab, pamphlet, codex sewn and loose-leaf in a slipcase, usually wood, sometimes acrylic.
Formats have ranged from the 6x9 to 20x24, pages from 8 to 300.

I have done books from the writing of the test, taking of the photographs, page layout, printing and binding.

I have done single sided books, in the form of accordion structures, but most often used double sided.
In addition, on loose leaf books that are meant to double as portfolios, I print text double sided on a lighter weight paper, then print individually numbered and signed prints single sided on a heavier weight of the same paper.

Generally speaking I avoid papers with optical brighteners since they are not archival.

If any of this interests you, please let me know. I am on the West Coast in LA.

cheers

michael andrews

----- Original Message ----- From: "Laura Russell" <simplybooksltd@xxxxxxxxx>