[BKARTS] A caution to press buyers

I feel I need to warn the book arts community about a
bad experience I had purchasing a wooden press from a
mail-order company in Maine called Beech Hill
Artisans.

I bought a press for papermaking, but they also make
two bookbinding presses (as well as presses for fruit)
and sell them via their web site and on eBay.

You can find a link to my warning, with photo
documentation, on my home page at:
http://web.mac.com/melissajaycraig

Because of the link, I was recently contacted by two
other people who had similar experiences with this
company, and I decided to speak up. The presses look
like feasible low-cost equipment online, and their
website contains numerous favorable testimonials, but
at least three people have gotten extremely defective
equipment, and have been refused refunds. So: beware.

Melissa

Melissa Jay Craig

http://web.mac.com/melissajaycraig