Re: [BKARTS] A caution to press buyers

I should have clarified: I thought the press would be
feasible for light, occasional duty.  I wanted
something portable, to take with me on residencies,
for light pressing of freshly made papers I would then
sculpt with. When I ordered, there were different
photos on the site as well as different descriptions.
I have an old cast-iron nipping press in my home
bindery, and a home-made, much heavier pressing
arrangement for papermaking in my studio.
People are always looking for affordable alternatives
to heavier equipment, for a variety of reasons. I
remembered a discussion here years ago, when people
were buying wooden presses from Pottery Barn, so I
wanted to put out a warning.
cheers,
Melissa

> 	Thanks for the warning.
> 	I have questions, though.  Just from looking at the
> photo on the Beech Hill Artisans site, it seems
> to me none of the presses featured could  work. Too
> frail.  Anyone else have this feeling?

Melissa Jay Craig

http://web.mac.com/melissajaycraig