Re: [BKARTS] Basic Book Repair Supplies

Donna,
Re:gettting skills:

if you're near a college or university, you can get basic skills in
their preservation/conservation dept.  Your email address looks like
you're in Texas, where there are some great places to work with books,
like UT Austin, Texas A&M, among others.  I don't know what SMU does
in that arena, but for the Dallas area it's a possibility as are other
schools.  In my experience, many if not most colleges and universities
have an in-house basic repair program, as do many public libraries.

Linde Brocato

--
Linde Brocato, Ph.D.    lmb@xxxxxxxx
CV: http://leep.lis.uiuc.edu/publish/lmb/lmbcv2006.html

There is wisdom in turning as often as possible from the familiar to
the unfamiliar: it keeps the mind nimble, it kills prejudice, and it
fosters humor. -George Santayana, philosopher (1863-1952)