Re: [BKARTS] craft standards, poor books

Tony wrote:
> is the first draft art too?

It'a all process. If there is the germ of a new idea in the first draft, it may well be art. Sketches and drawings may lead to an oil painting, and you see them together in some museum shows.

That doesn't mean you necessarily want to exhibit an unclarified concept, or that anyone would want to buy it. But save it. The Yale Arts of the Book Collection now has my maquettes, drafts, and other process materials for many of my works. Let the future generations decide what is art for them, or if it's research material, or if process IS art, or whatever.

Richard
http://minsky.com