Re: [BKARTS] Basic Book Repair Supplies

Teri Lynn Herbert wondered: what the Iowa library would have?

A search for "bookbinding" as a subject in our online catalog returns a
list of 148 items, but these are not all manuals and the list is not
complete for books about bookbinding (which certainly number in the many
hundreds of titles). Vagaries of cataloging.

But Teri may have intended to indicate the Guild of Book Workers
Library, which is also located at Iowa.  Records for this collection are
not integrated in our online catalog, but the books are fully listed on
a web page at http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/spec-coll/gbw/gbw1.html. Members
of the Guild are welcome to borrow those that are not excessively rare
or valuable (which would include nearly all of the more recent manuals).

Cordially ---- Sid Huttner
Head, Special Collections & Archives
The University of Iowa Libraries
Sid-huttner@xxxxxxxxx