Re: [BKARTS] Wheat Paste

Flour

----- Original Message ----- From: "rj" <h9022@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2008 5:59 PM
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] Wheat Paste

Perhaps I should rephrase my question or rather describe what I am trying to
do. Basically I want to attach paper to the unfinished side of leather in a
binding I'm working on. I do not have any adhesive with me nor do I have any
stores within any reasonable distance that carry wheat paste, PVA, etc. If
wheat starch is not viable and wallpaper paste is iffy is there anything that
might be available at a hardware store, grocery store or any kind of store that
one might normally have available in a somewhat rural area.

Thanks...
rj

--- jgodsey <gods1216@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

i will let more learned folks tell you all the whys and
wherefores....but basically no.

but I have used wallpaper paste to do scrapbooking and crafts projects
that weren't worth wasting the 'good stuff' on.
works nicely once you get the lumps out.