Re: [BKARTS] Wheat Paste

rj
if you are in such a position i will send you a small container gratis
please give me your address.

[small amounts are my forté]

j. godsey
sicpress.com
14 pleasant st
methuen, ma 01844
(978) 965-2176 fax 866-416-6101

www.sicpress.com  - Book repair and cleaning supplies
Unbound: Book Repair for Booksellers
Book Deodorizer - the guaranteed solution

www.bibliophilebullpen.com

rj wrote:
Perhaps I should rephrase my question or rather describe what I am trying to
do. Basically I want to attach paper to the unfinished side of leather in a
binding I'm working on. I do not have any adhesive with me nor do I have any
stores within any reasonable distance that carry wheat paste, PVA, etc. If
wheat starch is not viable and wallpaper paste is iffy is there anything that
might be available at a hardware store, grocery store or any kind of store that
one might normally have available in a somewhat rural area.

Thanks...
rj

--- jgodsey <gods1216@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

i will let more learned folks tell you all the whys and wherefores....but basically no.

but I have used wallpaper paste to do scrapbooking and crafts projects that weren't worth wasting the 'good stuff' on.
works nicely once you get the lumps out.

rj wrote:
Can wheat starch purchased in a grocery store be used to make wheat paste
and
if so how?

My apologies in advance if this is a stupid question and my thanks for
useful
suggestions.

rj