[BKARTS] Upcoming Bookbinding and Book Art workshops at Pyramid Atlantic Arts Center, Silver Spring, MD.

Hello All,

Pyramid Atlantic has mounted the new spring course schedule. Next month, I will be teaching two short day-long courses on paper lining and repair, and then another on sewing headbands. The first course is a continuation of Paper Intensive series offered last fall. Potential students should be familiar with both wheat paste and repair tissue preparation. We will explore introductory methods of paper repair, backing paper cloth with paper, and Japanese tsugigami, or wet paper collage. The headband class is open to beginners, and will cover both a reverse-bead linen primary and decorative English front bead in silk.

Introduction to Hinging, Lining, and Repairing Paper with Jake Benson
February 9 from 9:30 – 4:00 pm

Sewing Headbands with Jake Benson
February 16 from 9:30 -4:00 pm

Other upcoming courses:

Tunnel Books with Carol Barton
April 26 & 27 from 9:30 – 4:00 pm

Instabooks with Esther Smith
May 3 & 4 from 9:30 – 4:00 pm

To learn more about the courses and others taught this spring, please visit:
<http://www.pyramidatlanticartcenter.org/studio/bookmaking.htm>

Best regards,

Jake Benson