Re: [BKARTS] query watermarks w photoshop

You can do some things to prevent images from being copied and downloaded, but it is usually pretty easy to get around. If you want to disable the right-click menu on an image which cuts off the command to easily copy, you can disable it via javascript ... do a view source and download directly from the url ...

However, as stated, someone can easily take a screen shot of the desktop and get at least a version of the image as it appears on their screen.

Also, once it's up on the web, stealing pictures can be automated ... A friend told me that Google parses pages and stores the name and url. That's how you can find some of your images up on a Google image search.

Without a watermark, there isn't alot to protect the images. Even with the watermark, someone good at PhotoShop can adjust the image if they really wanted to be obsessive about it.