Re: [BKARTS] Booky Things To Do in NYC

check out the kerouac exhibit at nypl.http://www.nypl.org/press/2007/Beatific_exhibition.cfm it is incredible the material they have there (well if you are a kerouac fan). the morgan is always good. http://www.morganlibrary.org/ and if you are into things tibetan the rubin museum.
http://www.rmanyc.org/Exhibitions/inaugural.cfm

Quoting Rob Richards <rtfminc@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hello,

I will be in NYC for a week. Maybe more, tempt me. I am more excited about
seeing things then sleeping, so have not even looked for accommodations yet.
Probably a mistake. Probably book something in Brooklyn, because my daughter
has booked a course there. I have never been. I poured thru the BOOK_ARTS
archives, so on my *current* list the following things to do. I am
interested in books & bookbinding first but a close second is practically
everything else. Please feel free to tell me what to do, not to do and what
I have missed. I will even, as a treat, post my findings, exploits,
treasures, pictures & misc when I return late feb.

NY Public Library - there are dozens! which one?
The Center for Book Arts - they have a class while I am there, hmmm.
Printed Matter, Inc.
Manhattan Graphics Center
Granary Books Inc - Could not determine if they have a gallery to visit or
not. sent email.
Kate's Paperie
www.studioonthesq.com/ - not sure if they have a gallery to visit or not.
sent email.
MOMA

Okay, thanks in advance,
-rob

ps Yes I'll take in a play, visit a deli, hit little Italy but that is
something that probably belongs on some other list, so email me off list!
please & thanks. I'll send postcards to people with great suggestions!