Re: [BKARTS] Jaws!!!!

Jet,
The next time you try to use sharkskin, you might try sanding the leather. I know of at least one bindery that uses a large belt sander for paring all of their leather. My preference is a spokeshave, but I would assume that the tough, rubbery sharkskin would be equally difficult.
In fact, a Dremel with a small sanding drum is the only way to pare very delicate and brittle, older leather.
Good Luck.
Bill Minter