Re: [BKARTS] Journal "Scripta"

Thanks, Jake, for passing this on. I was somewhat disappointed, though, when I checked out the site: The list of editors includes none of the scholars who are doing groundbreaking work in the sociology of writing in Italy and in France. I do recognize several scholars, highly respectable and well-known, but whose commitment to a widening of the field beyond the strict-and-narrow paleographic and codicological would greatly surprise me - see how correct I'm trying to sound?

As for listing Donald Jackson as a member of the Journal's "Scientific Committee"... Well, I'm trying to hang on to the old gravitas, but the corners of my lips are twitching already.

Paul Werner, New York
http://theorangepress.com

WOID: A journal of visual language