Re: [BKARTS] Cleaning type

Thanks a lot. This is very helpful.

John

Quoting Kathleen Garness <kmgfinearts@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

If it's old metal type, and not plastic or anything like that, the
best solvent is mineral spirits or even kerosene. That'll get gummy
stuff off of almost anything. I learned that from trying to get some
strange white goo off of the dashboard of my son's old RX7. What I
usually do is ramp up in the following order: soap and warm water;
alcohol; acetone; mineral spirits; kerosene. I've heard napthol works
 for some things too but have never tried it, having succeeded with
one of the former. Needless to say, in all but the first, work in an
open well-ventilated space, preferably outdoors and very much away
from any flames, even those of a boiler, stove or hot water heater.
The vapors will ignite. : /

KMG