Re: [BKARTS] Cleaning type

This is very helpful.

Thanks,
John

Quoting Carol Pratt <jcpratt@xxxxxxx>:

If all else fails, try isopropyl alcohol or rubbing alcohol.  I used
it to "fumigate" old making tape (on paper) in a solvent chamber for
several hours.  The carrier would soften and could be lifted off.
The residue was easy to gently scrape off with a dental tool or
spatula.  For type (metal or plastic) the residue could be washed off
 with another solvent, as well.  Sometimes the carrier would lift off
 and bring the adhesive with it.

My "solvent chambers" are plastic boxes with plaster of paris in the
bottom, but a cotton ball soaked in alcohol would work, too.  The
alcohol is infused into the plaster and the box is inverted over the
item to be treated, and a weight is placed on top.  I would refresh
the alcohol every hour or two, until the tape had softened.

Others have tried other solvents for masking tape, but I have had the
 best results from isopropyl.

Carol Pratt
Co. Kerry, Ireland

=====