Re: [BKARTS] cleaning mold

Since I have helped in presenting workshops on preventing mold and
mildew for our archives group: I can recommend that every one read
http://www.solinet.net/preservation/leaflets/leaflets_templ.cfm?doc_id=122

The only safe and effective way to keep it from coming back is to modify the environment which contributed to the development of mold.
Get the books into a low humidity environment, far away from other
non-affected books.
Then read Section IIIB in above booklet. Protect yourself - use a mask,
or respirator; This is important!
Don't use any household chemicals.

Hope this helps everyone.
Mold/mildew after hurricanes and floods are a way of life around here, unfortunately...
Teri Lynn Herbert
Medical University of South Carolina Library
Charleston, SC