[BKARTS] removing library labels

Hello List,   I recently rescued some appealing little books by Conrad Richter, Borzoi Books, from Alfred Knopf, printed in 1969.   The cloth covers are attractive, with stamped title and design, but unfortunately there is an old library sticker on the spine, over which was added a newer sticky label, and one has scotch tape over that.   I would greatly appreciate any advice on how to get these labels off in the least damaging way.  Thanks in advance for your help. Patricia Sterrittpsterritt@xxxxxxxxxxx