Re: [BKARTS] removing library labels

Please forgive the unhelpful tangential reply, but your query immediately brought to mind the story of Stephen Blumberg, the scourge book thief who sucked library labels off books before he removed them from special collections. There's a fascinating essay about him in a 1994 volume of Harpers. Sincere apologies to anyone on this list who was violated by him--I hope my fascination does not appear to be lack of empathy for those he hurt.

RM