Re: [BKARTS] removing library labels

Mild heat will loosen the labels. Use a temperature controlled device like this:
http://apps.webcreate.com/ecom/catalog/product_specific.cfm?ClientID=15&ProductID=17025
or this:
http://apps.webcreate.com/ecom/catalog/product_specific.cfm?ClientID=15&ProductID=18884
Or even a woodburning tool if you use it cool enough.
Then test removing the residual glue using a bit of goo gone or Undo.
Dave Allen

840 Snowdrop Ave. Victoria BC V8Z 2N4
(250)888-9380    http://www.Bookbinder.ca

Patricia Sterritt wrote:
Hello List, I recently rescued some appealing little books by Conrad Richter, Borzoi Books, from Alfred Knopf, printed in 1969. The cloth covers are attractive, with stamped title and design, but unfortunately there is an old library sticker on the spine, over which was added a newer sticky label, and one has scotch tape over that. I would greatly appreciate any advice on how to get these labels off in the least damaging way. Thanks in advance for your help. Patricia Sterrittpsterritt@xxxxxxxxxxx