[BKARTS] 1990's Book Arts Conference at Iowa / Clive Phillpot

Hello All,

I'm an graduate student in Art History at the Pratt Institute, and I am working on a thesis about the issues of conservation, exhibition, definition and historiography of artists' books.

I have two questions that I was hoping the listserv's participants may have answers to:

1) Does anyone have Clive Phillpot's email address? I know he is a retired independent consultant in England now. I would like to exchange a few emails with him about conservation, exhibition and library practices for artists' books.

2) Does anyone have any information about an international conference that took place sometime before 1993 at the University of Iowa about artists' books? What I do know is that Franklin Furnace was a major player at the conference, it was right around the time they donated their archives to MoMA, and that the conference dealt with "the documenting and the cataloging of artists' books" and led to a contribution of "144 terms to the Art and Architecture Thesaurus that serve[d] to define its field" (from Franklin Furnace's website). Did any of you attend this conference? Were conference notes printed? Does anyone have the list of terms? or a list of participants in the conference? Any and all information would be much appreciated!

Thanks for any help!

Sincerely,
Joan E. Stoltman
joan.stoltman@xxxxxxxxx