Re: [BKARTS] attaching muslin to vellum pages

Chad,

My first thoughts, upon reading your post were to suggest that you rend
the artist limb from limb, collect and burn the scattered bits-O-artist,
mull the ashes with the colors used on dart boards, blend with gesso
spread on muslin, paint in the dart board, mount it on a wall and play
a game of darts whenever things get a little dull and tedious.

Paul's idea is better and will result in a check to cash at the end.

Jack

>Pierce along the edge of the muslin, pierce at the edge of the vellum
>sheet, and run threads through. I can think of all kind of cutesy ways of
>doing this, e.g. using colored thread (tell your client his/her work
>reminds you of the Weingarten Master, so why not go all the way). Plus if
>you use a fairly continuous thread that should help with cockling. Don't
>forget to tell your client that, in view of the internal structure of the
>Didde-Glaser, that's the only safe way to do it...
>
>Paul Werner, New York
>http://theorangepress.com
>
>THE ORANGE PRESS, publishing "Vellum Preparation: History and Technique"
>DRAGONSBLOOD AND ASHES, a project to research and practice the techniques
>of the medieval scribe

Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick
Portland, Oregon 97217