Re: [BKARTS] attaching muslin to vellum pages

Thanks to all who responded to my query. I'm still at a loss, stitching is probably the best option but that can be tricky as the opposite side of the skin is the bad calligraphy with flourishes extending to the edges and some other illustrations in ink around the text block.

I've also considered the issues of the paintings rubbing against the vellum and considered some sort of interleaving to help with this.

These things are pretty ugly even if I do a nice packaging job. The customer commissioned these 3 books, one unique for each grandchild, and they are simply her short quotes (lots of Christian stuff) accompanied by these paintings. I can't imagine they'll get opened or even moved very often but it would be nice if they last at least till I'm dead. Otherwise I'd be busting out some rubber cement.

I put in a call to 3M today, waiting to hear back from their textile experts but still looking for other solutions. If anyone's interested I can take a pic and post it to my site to try to convey my plight a bit clearer than words.

Chad

Chad Pastotnik
Deep Wood Press   231.587.0506
http://www.deepwoodpress.com