[BKARTS] Beijing China

I am going to Beijing in March for 8 days and would like
ideas for interesting things to do.  I prefer to avoid
the tourist gift markets/pearl factory/jade factory as I
really don't need more stuff to put in my house, grin.
However, I would love to see some interesting libraries,
archives, bookbinding/conservation places.  Are there
places to see paper being made, or places to buy papers
for bookmaking?  Does anyone have any suggestions?  We
have 4 free days in Beijing.  Hotel is near Tiananmen Square.
Also, is it hard to find vegetarian food?  Thanks for
any ideas and suggestions.
Teri Lynn Herbert
Charleston, SC