Re: [BKARTS] Beijing China

Teri Lynn,
              I spent 8 days in Beijing last year and thoroughly would recommend going to the Forbidden City, avoiding the Chinese 'tour guides'  who wait on the inside of the ticket office and trying not to be overcome with sadness for the beggars outside whose children have been primed to beg and to break your heart ( and they do), to see the collection of books held in the treasures section.

           These are so beautifully made with that understated elegance that only  the Chinese and Japanese have.   The stories behind them ( raison d'etre)  and  those contained within ( content) are amazing.

           You can photograph them, for as you will see, there are too many to remember and they are inspiring in their  structure and for the vessels that contain them.

          I'm sorry I can't help you with paper making or bookbinding.  if I'd had longer to plan the tour, I'd also have applied to the list to ask help. good luck and let us know how the trip goes.

Linda Douglas

Australia