[BKARTS] coatings was Re: attaching muslin to vellum pages

I have heard of book artists using a coating of Dorland's Wax Medium to
seal the acrylic and help prevent the acrylic from sticking to a surface
in contact with it.

>>This might work, I haven't tried it in this context, but I've had bad
experiences with Dorland's so stopped using it. Oil paintings were I
used Dorland's to bulk and make the paint matt are crumbling and
cracking a mere five years later, fortunately they are ones in my own
home not ones I sold. I would worry that as the wax hardened any flexing
of the pages would cause the coating to crack and cause white and/or
powdery areas.

Lee

The creative act is not performed by the artist alone; the spectator
brings the work in contact with the external world by deciphering and
interpreting its inner qualifications and thus adds his contribution to
the creative act. (Marcel Duchamp)