[BKARTS] Call for entries

The Suffolk Art League and the Suffolk Museum in Suffolk, Virginia are hosting an exhibit this spring entitled "Beyond Reading: Books As Art".

From the prospectus, "We are looking for artists that create traditional handmade books, as well as artists that create altered books. Altered books, by definition, are any books - old or new - that have been recycled by creative means into works of art. Additionally, we are looking for each artists' own interpretation of this theme, so our submission parameters are very broad.

We have several east coast artists committed to this exhibit. We are still looking for artists who work in this genre, or who are willing to create their version of Books As Art.

The Suffolk Museum is included in Suffolk's tour during Virginia's Garden Week (April 25), and will be opening this exhibit in conjunction with other venues reflecting our overall theme of Beyond Reading".

If you are interested inparticipating you must RSVP by March 25, 2008 to Kinzy@xxxxxxxx or 757.923.2371.  You may submit up to 4 pieces for inclusion in this exhibit. Please indicate in your RSVP the number of works you will be submitting. At that point you will receive additional labeling and inventory information.

You can download the full prospectus at http://www.tjbookarts.com/documents/booksasartprospectus.pdf.