Re: [BKARTS] Slide scanner

Betty,

Depending on how many slides you have to scan, you might want to look into a dedicated slide scanner. They are pricier than the flatbeds, but you will get better results. I'm sure you can probably get something used. A reputable photo dealer on the east coast is bhphoto.com and I am sure there are others in your area. BH Photo is known for its honesty and integrity and I would go online to their used department to see what they have and perhaps call them.

I'd also go someplace that deals with pro photographers and start there, have a conversation with them and see what they can find or suggest. Perhaps you'll find some deal through private hands from someone who doesn't shoot slides anymore. You can also post a query on photo.net which is one place I look.

Just a thought. Nice to see you online

Susan King

Susan King susaneking@xxxxxxxxxxxxx