From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Susan King
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 11:04 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] Slide scanner

Betty,

Depending on how many slides you have to scan, you might want to look
into a dedicated slide scanner. They are pricier than the flatbeds,
but you will get better results. I'm sure you can probably get
something used. A reputable photo dealer on the east coast is
bhphoto.com and I am sure there are others in your area. BH Photo is
known for its honesty and integrity and I would go online to their
used department to see what they have and perhaps call them.

I'd also go someplace that deals with pro photographers and start
there, have a conversation with them and see what they can find or
suggest. Perhaps you'll find some deal through private hands from
someone who doesn't shoot slides anymore.  You can also post a query
on photo.net which is one place I look.

Just a thought. Nice to see you online

Susan King

Susan King