Re: [BKARTS] attaching muslin to vellum pages

Aaron,
I am out on that same limb with you.
I am not suggesting that BEVA would be the problem over a large area. However, I am suggesting that the heat for application could cause a problem with the vellum. I have witnessed the affect of heat on vellum when a framer tried to dry-mount a certificate --- the vellum shriveled up. Maybe the temperatures for dry-mounting are much higher than that needed for BEVA.
As to my suggestion of using PVA for an inlay: The amount of adhesive that would be used would only be along the edges to adhere the inlaid painting. Conservators of vellum manuscripts would typically use gelatin for similar work.
Again, I am out on a limb, and I fear the limb is breaking, so I will not go any further.
Bill