Re: [BKARTS] printing long and narrow

Most printers that print continuous rolls start at about $1400. You didn't mention a budget, which would really help for recommendations.

The Canon ipf5000 supports rolls with a roll adapter as does the Epson 3800 and 4800. I prefer the Canon because it has less clogging issues and the black ink issues with the Epson aren't worth the cost of the printer (costs you $$ to switch from Matte Black to Gloss Black when you change paper types.)

If you want a printer that can print 13"x44" max, try the one I have, the HP B9180. It retails for $699 and is a spectacular printer. It doesn't have a roll adapter, so you'll have to cut your 40" paper.. but I've been printing 8x22 sheets the last week or so with absolutely no problems. You can find the printer for $599 online at places like UniquePhoto.com.

Diane Baker wrote:
Can you please make recommendations about an ink jet printer which
will print a continuous paper roll, and perhaps a narrow roll?  I'm
looking for maximum flexibility.  I have an HP photosmart all-in-one
3210 and I can't print a continuous sheet (40") from photoshop or any
other program.  HP tech help says that the all--in-ones cannot do
that, but if someone has learned to bypass their commands, I'd love to
learn about that, too.

Thanks.

Diane Baker
Seattle