[BKARTS] Self Publishing... Online Publishers... something.. help!

A friend and fellow photographer is looking to do a run of 500-1000 books and needs to keep production costs around $15-20, which eliminates hand production of the book. It would be reproductions of band posters by a famous Chicago artist.. so needs to be 4 color, and good to excellent printing to reproduce the images of these well known bands. So, I've looked... Blurb, printing isn't nearly up to par.. lulu, I've heard isn't much better. I just saw Xlibris and wondered if they are any better.. but wondering if anyone here on Book Arts has an idea?

We'll be doing a limited edition selling for more that we'll hand bind and produce.. but we need something for the masses..

Thanks,

Jim